View Single Post
Old 03-13-2024, 07:54 AM   #115
A1971Blazer

Re: '67 stepside project

The bed is back off to complete the install of the wood and undercoat and seal the bottom side. Thursday is predicted to be 78° and sunny.

Moving into the interior now.
I wanted the capability of a center seat arrangement and some kind of fold down console with cup holders.

My next door neighbor and best friend has an upholstery shop set up in his 40' x 60' garage (that's really handy for me!).
We toyed with the idea of a fold forward seat with a fold down console.

So we took a stock seat and modified it to accept the upper half of a late model Chevy Truck/Tahoe console that I bought from a member here.
I also wanted to make the seat backs thinner for more shoulder and leg room since I'm 6'2" tall and all legs..!

We took all the springs out of the bottom and replaced it with 3/4" plywood. He cut in 14" squares in the seating area and attached elastic webbing.
Then he custom cut and shaped the foam and sewed up a cover for it.
The backs are 1/2" plywood and he custom cut the foam with me sitting in it to make a nice lumbar supported back that is much thinner than later model swap-in seats.
We used black Allante® vinyl with orange stitching.

Here's the result. I still have to finish modifying the trim on the console and make some trim for the sides where the seat folds forward.
Next will be the door panels. kick panels, and then some kind of set-up behind the seat to accommodate the sound system.
Name:  IMG_0022.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  107.7 KB
Name:  IMG_0035.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  94.5 KB
1972 Chevrolet K/5 Blazer

Last edited by A1971Blazer; 03-13-2024 at 08:15 AM.
A1971Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote