View Single Post
Old 02-18-2023, 05:28 PM   #955
'68OrangeSunshine

Re: Working Man's Burbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HO455 View Post
And on a different subject what is this thing "AC" everyone is always carrying on about?
AC? I think it's a company that used to make spark plugs in the USA. They don't anymore. Now I use Denso [which ARE USA-made, but a Japanese company]
Or did you mean A/C [air conditioning]? I don't have it. Not equipped on my '68 Stepside, which must've been a fleet truck. All manual, no frills.
My '71 Jimmy was a Deluxe trim model: chrome-ringed windshield, chrome bumpers, chromed shift sticks, vinyl side panels in back, carpet, full gauge dash, and A/C [which was INOP when I bought it.] I took all the A/C parts off when I first got the Truck, and since have lost the bucket they were in.
So it would cost a bunch to reinstall Air. A friend who has a Blazer himself, tells me in this climate, you won't feel the cold much even at full blast, the Blazer cabin being too big for factory air to be effective. Maybe it was more effective with R13, IDK.
Around here A/C is for sissies. I don't like the HP loss.
I used to have a bumper sticker -- THANK GOD FOR THE HEAT/ OR THE SNOWBIRDS WOULD BE HERE ALL YEAR LONG
But after 2 decades of solar exposure, it's burned off.

Every 25 years I like to rebuild that 292, whether it needs it or not.

Last edited by '68OrangeSunshine; 02-25-2023 at 06:55 PM.
'68OrangeSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote