View Single Post
Old 03-31-2022, 09:35 AM   #588
special-K
Special Order

Re: What did you do to your truck today??

No windshield. I should have known better. This cracked windshield is a replacement. My Suburban has no rust but surface rust where the wire from the prior replacement scraped the edge over the windshield. He saw that and said he couldn't do it. He is bound by the national chain's standards and I guess they are instructed to turn down ones showing rust. He said maybe a smaller shop would 'take a chance' or I could take it to a body shop where they would remove it, the shop do the repair, then they'd install. I told him I am the body shop, so when I'm ready I'll call for the removal. He said they couldn't do it that way. They won't come to my house just to pull it. But I'm the body shop, it gets fixed here! Round and round, the fact is Safelite is lame to the max. You can see the only rust is surface rust on the actual edge where it was scraped. The leading edge turned down to the glass then the hem has white paint on it. No rust bleed from behind the trim. I am sure there is no rust on the hem and what you can see does not indicate such. I'll have to take it to real auto glass shop and see what they say. I already knew these trucks, or this type of glue-in windshield, have a tendency to rust in there. I'm sure mine is fine

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote