Thread: Paint Question
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 08:45 AM   #5
JC76

Re: Paint Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot Stomper View Post
Code 12 Frost White from any brand will not match because your truck has changed color in 35 years since you painted it... regardless of paint technology.

If you had taken your hood (before you stripped it) to a paint store, they could have custom tinted some paint for you. Now you'll need to take to them the gas cap door. If you remove the gas cap door, and hold it up to the top of your fender or the roof, you may see a color shift (or hopefully not).

Do not trust their camera to color match! Insist they "tint to match a spray out". It may cost you extra money, but if they do a good job, the paint they sell you will match the cowl and tops of the fenders... hopefully.
Unfortunately the hood didn't match the rest of the truck anyway. Though I painted the truck, my father-in-law bought and owned it for most of the 30 years. Not sure if he had the hood painted or maybe replaced it. I just know it was in way worse shape compared to the rest.

Gas cap is chrome aftermarket. The glove box is original color. So maybe if it matches the outside, I can take that in.

Thanks for your help.
JC76 is offline   Reply With Quote