View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #73
GMC1965

Re: Whats The Best Wax Really?

Iv been detailing for years and it all depends on your paint. There is no "best paint" is it a metalic or a s/s? For a metallic a synthetic is definitely the way to go, A caranuba mutes the metallic flakes. As for putting Synthetics on a s/s it lasts a long time, but really lacks to pop the paint. A Pure Caranuba is better suited. When it all comes down normal people do not buy 100$ wax. Therefor I will not recommend it. I use meguiars yellow wax on my s/s and it does amazing. It competes with 300$ waxes for sure. For a synthetic I would recommend pinnical or the new Ultimate wax by meguires. Remember polishing before the wax really helps with adhesion(sythetics are delicate and need this) as well as making the paint pop and removing minor blemishes. That being said this is what I use on my daily car(I detail every two weeks therefor my paint is very good shape and is better then show shine)

1. Wash with quality car soap( no dish wash)
2. Dry off with your preferred method (mine is microfiber)
3. Tape the car or truck to prevent splatter and stains on trim.
4. Clay bar to remove adhesion and clean anything that gets stuck in paint also restores a glass like touch.
5. I follow up with a wax cleaner again use your pref brand
6. I use a polish (real polish not a oil type)
7. Oil based polish
8. sealer or glaze
9. 3 coats of preferred wax or sealant
10. If using sealent in step 9, you CAN follow up with a caranuba for the caranuba shine but the longitivity of sealent. You can NOT put the sealent back on over the caranuba. Sealent is very sensitive and will not adhear to paint that has any grime/caranuba. I myself use sealent and top it with a caranuba.

My paint stands out.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post5337863
GMC1965 is offline   Reply With Quote