View Single Post
Old 04-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #75
GMC1965

Re: Whats The Best Wax Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbed67 View Post
Never have understood as to why one would want to go back to back coats of wax where one coat is applied buffed off and yet another applied and buffed and a third applied and buffed off... please explain as to why you do this...
Sure, Applying many coats of wax has many benefits. Layering waxes is a good way to enhance the depth with sealants. Many folks with zaino are into crazy layering. I mean up to 12 coats.... I see no benefit with that many but many swear by it. With a synthetic you will see a difference in gloss. A synthetic will harden and cure on your paint, not like a wax siting on your car. When applying many coats its recommended that you allow it to cure for 12-24hours. Its like spraying coats of clearcoat and waiting for it to cure before the next coat, adding gloss each spray. For average users 2 coats is enough, it ensures even coverage everywere and ensures you did not miss anything. Laying caranuba is common for again coverage and the fact caranuba fills in scratches. Any more then 3 is overkill for a daily. There is no cure time for caranuba over for it to haze. Then wipe and proform 2nd coat. The benefit to layering a caranuba over a sealant provides the gloss/pop/lasting of a sealant while having the richness and depth of the caranuba. Again no sealants over top of caranuba.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...63#post5337863
GMC1965 is offline   Reply With Quote