Thread: Make it handle
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 05:47 PM   #133
Wvgearhead

Re: Make it handle

Rob,
I am building a 53 3100 on air, The front is a tci MII and the rear is a custom built Wishbone I picked up, The wishbone and the lowers both span 28", so it should keep constant pinion angle. My problem is, I didnt think about the driveshaft...hmmm, So now I am trying to get the best numbers I can without having to flip the wishbone around and put the single on the center section. I used a suspension calculator from a 4wheel drive form. I dont have any big intentions on racing the truck, but you never know. I figure I would atleast try to make it real fun to drive anyway. The numbers I am plugging in are: upper links ,frame end x=28 y=0 z=17.50 Axle end x=0 y=17 z=18.86 lower links frame end, x=28 y=17 z=9.14 axle end x=0 y=17 z=8.14. This equals AntiSquat=%57 RCH17", IC x=127" z= 13" Roll oversteer 2*, travel roll axis -2.78*. I am not sure about the roll steer, how much is too much. How do you think this set up would handle and ride? The Cog I am guessing to be around 19", and as for the tire size I am planning on running around a 26" tire.

Aaron
Wvgearhead is offline   Reply With Quote