Thread: My 72 Build
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 05:12 PM   #83
SCOTI

Re: My 72 Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucktuck View Post
When I bought this bed floor, it was supposed to be ready for the wider tubs, but it wasn't...
Just seeing this build. Liking it so far.

Three things I noticed.... 1st: Glad you relocated the T/A x-member. When I was looking @ the exposed thread @ the spherical bearings I was thinking they look like they're over extended from a safety perspective. With the x-member relocated, things look much better. Unfortunately the d-shaft issue becomes the result.

2nd: I wonder if the bed floors are 'stamped' for the wider/big tub install but that's all? Doing them like so allows the same floor to work w/the standard tubs or w/the big tubs (they only have to carry one part). The difference being the stock/small tubs bolt right in & the big tub install requires trimming the floor as needed. Just a theory.

3rd: 102mm DBW TB w/a 5.3l seems overkill. I'm not well versed on the LS but have been doing homework in anticipation of using one someday. I see many say the smaller 92mm ported is much easier on tuning/drivability. Curious on the motor internals/specs?
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is online now   Reply With Quote