View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 08:16 AM   #21
Dieselwrencher
6>8 Plugless........

Re: HG's Dream Car Build - Shelby Cobra Kit

I'm very happy for you! I was stoked when you went to get it! I'm in to watch the build and in for some dang rides! I also have longed for a Shelby since I was a wee lad. I still have my Exotic car cards and have duplicates of the blue Cobra because I just loved them. I remember reading a Popular Mechanics magazine in the early 90's talking about how Shelby had 90 or 100 bodies he never sold of the 67 bodies. They were building frames and selling the cars then. I don't remember the price but I wished I could get an original then and polish the body. Too bad I didn't even have a license at that time. Haha

Great work and part research. It is going to be so fun to drive. The last time we went to the Lake of the Ozarks I kept seeing this beautiful maroon and silver Cobra driving around. One day we drove by an ice cream shop so I whipped in and was checking it out. It had 427 badges on it and a cover over the passenger seat area. I said out loud to my son, "Aww man, too bad there's no passenger seat." I was joking but the owner was eating his sundae under an awning and piped up and said there sure is. I spoke with him for a long while. It had true knock off wheels, a real 427 side oiler with dual quads, a shelby modified ford top loader 4 speed, and he took me for a ride. This was one of the 90s built bodied cars. It was a tight fit for my 6'2" self but I don't care. I'd be cramped to own and drive that thing. They are just so iconic and the lines/curves are just so dang intoxicating IMO.
1972 Chevy Cheyenne Super K20 Long Step side tilt, tach, tow hooks, AC, 350 4 speed
1972 C10 Suburban Custom Deluxe
1969 Chevy milk truck
1971 Camaro RS 5.3 BTR STG3 Cam Super T10
1940 Ford 354 Hemi 46RH Ford 9" on air ride huge project

Tired of spark plugs? Check this out.
Dieselwrencher is offline   Reply With Quote