View Single Post
Old 08-15-2015, 08:01 PM   #94
80SPORT

Re: Decal Replacement/77 Chevy Sport?

I have restored 79 and 80 Sports ...we have the striping for those;I have project truck 1978 and 1981 Sports...neither have original paint or stripes.I have an original paint/stripe 76 Sport.And an original paint 77 stepside but the stripes were replaced very early on with painted ones (it was an Arizona desert truck and the originals peeled off in the sun).My 77 is a 9j9 truck;came with a roll bar but it was missing by the time I got it.I was able to buy a correct roll bar from an owner who took one out of a new truck.But it is the stepside version.They are higher than you would think;I can give you the height and tubing dimensions and you could get one built that would be 99% right.
The last picture is the only picture I have on file of a fleetside 9J9.
The lights that are mounted on top of the "sport bar" as Chevy called it were dealer installed as part of PDI.I talked with the guy who supplied my roll bar...he had purchased the unit new...and his were never installed ( I assume someone in pdi kept them or they could have been stolen when truck was on lot)
Attached Images

80SPORT is offline   Reply With Quote