Thread: April 2018 ToTM
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2018, 09:37 AM   #11
BGarza13x

Re: April 2018 ToTM

I guess I'll nominate myself... I have a 1969 Chevy Suburban that I've had for about 6-7 months. PO used spray paint on some of the major and minor rust spots on the body. They also took my barn doors, so I have tailgate/latch that don't match and the weld broke within the first week I got it home. The front passenger fender is non-original, has redish-orange paint behind the blue, and has a giant dent in it, that, again, was spray painted to match and hopefully stop rust. PO did give me another fender, as a replacement, that also has a dent in it. The rear quarters were dented and smashed in a bit, so I've replaced one, waiting on time to replace the other. The worst rust I've seen on it, so far, is on the floor by the 3rd door. There is old, shag carpet that was glued onto the original vinyl headliner that is falling off. Oh, yea, and when I was test driving it, the "roof rack" was a bed spring with pool noodles zip tied to it. I also have been having a hard time getting the damn shoe polish numbers off the windshield. I need a better ladder or someone with longer arms to reach the last "0". Even the ones I got off, there's still remnants of the polish and smears I can't get off with just windex, but haven't tried anything stronger.

I'm hoping to start more major body work on it in the next months.
Attached Images