View Single Post
Old 05-04-2023, 12:48 AM   #367
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronCanine View Post
Ever so close. I'm excited to see her get to the finish line. Can only imagine how you're feeling. Continued kudos on outstanding work.
Thank you. I never expected this to be an 8-year deal

I forgot to mention, the A/C shop's owner took a look at my truck and then pulled the cover off his 68 Roadrunner 426, OMG original parts, and very clean. Not exactly a full restoration, a lot doesn't need it, the car speaks for itself.

I wish I asked to take a picture of the engine bay, mint and so impressive. I have to say an original BBC engine bay is a beautiful thing, but wow, that 426, with no A/C is basically a tremendous BLOCK with nothing but simple all the way around. Short the duel injecting carb business, I don't have a clue. He bought it from a guy who has 11 426 passenger cars.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring the truck from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s details, OEM identifications & part numbers, written in short order. 700+ images of assm., illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote