View Single Post
Old 10-13-2019, 10:13 PM   #5
rodstored-72
chevy truck fan

Re: Rodstored-72's 1986 DD build

Ok guys,
Well it has been a few days now so I figure I should post up some more progress pictures. I have the front end (body parts) dis-assembled. I have filled in a damaged area on the upper portion of the firewall. My welding skills are definitely in need of improvement, but the damaged is fix and just needs to be bodyworked. I have also filled the rectangular hole from the factory A.C. system as well. I will be installing a Vintage Air “sure fit” system so I am not sure what “holes” are needed yet, but I am hoping to try and clean up the firewall as much as possible. I have also bought factory replacement motor mounts, I am understanding that the LS/LT adapter mounts will still utilize the factory mounts?? and I am going to paint the frame mounts that they attach to. I have sanded down the inner fenders as well as getting rid of the heavy rusted areas. I used a grinder wire wheel and air sander as well as ALOT of elbow grease to “scuff” them. I then cleaned them and sprayed both with a couple coats of primer. They just need the final sanding before paint. Sunday after church I rolled the truck in the driveway and proceeded to power wash the front engine area, I used gunk engine degreaser and super clean. It looks like the frame is pretty clean. I am planning to spray the exposed portion with POR-15 chassis black to make it look half descent. I hope to sand/scuff the radi. Support and prime it over this week, we’ll see. I think the next major step is to look at purchasing the engine and transmission dropout package. After that then I can really start to move forward with painting the firewall, inner fenders, inside of the fenders as well as the chassis. As always please feel free to comment as well as any helpful tips and tricks that you may have to offer. Thanks for looking.
Rodstored-72
Attached Images

rodstored-72 is offline   Reply With Quote