View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 09:57 AM   #99
Wasted Income
Boosted Member

Re: Project Family Truckster: 2wd Conversion Turbo LSx Blazer Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaros44sr View Post
Great build, and exceptional talent! Enjoying your work, almost as much as you...

Thanks for taking the time to post up, keeps me entertained
Thank you, I appreciate that. Posting about it keeps me entertained at work, also

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHAT TONY View Post
I reckon you'll want at least a small frame notch; I'm gonna do one pretty quick here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lt155ruck View Post
Great progress so far. I think a c- notch will have to happen.... especially if your beer cooler has to support your three buddies. LOL. My 72 doesnt have one yet and the rear pings off the frame from time to time.
Yeah, after looking at it a little closer this weekend, I agree with you guys. However, the next issue is that the top of the diff will contact the bed floor at full compression if I go too much lower with it. I had that problem with the blue truck. I guess I could maybe fabricate a "bump" for the bed floor to clear the rear axle center section. I'm gonna think on that one a bit yet.

Not a ton of progress on the blazer over the weekend. I did get the tubes cut and notched to tie the trans crossmember to the trailing arm crossmember.
Also did a lot of measuring...standing around...measuring...scratching my head....measuring....trying to figure out where exactly I want to mount the coilovers in the rear.

2014 VW Passat TDI - Daily Driver
Turbo diesel
2015 Sierra Denali HD Duramax Turbo diesel
2016 Ford Explorer Sport - Twin Turbskis
2017 Polaris RZR Turbo
2014 Nor-Tech Center Console - Twin Supercharged Outboards

TURBO ALL THE THINGS!!
Wasted Income is offline   Reply With Quote