View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 05:56 PM   #7
rpmerf

Re: Body Mount, Door Alignment Off

Messing with it now. Trying to add shims. I added 3/8" of shims on the pass side and it is better, but still hitting the striker. I think if I raise it up more, it will throw things off even worse.

Cowl, fender, and hood look kind of off too. Not sure how right it was before.

I think the doors are not the originals, and that may be contributing to some of the issues / gaps. My truck is a 70, it came with an 'extra' set of doors. I notice the the gap at the top gets larger front to back. I measured the door and the frame gets smaller front to back. I measured the 'extra' set of door and it looks to stay the same height until the curve. Guess this means I need to ignore the top gap. Additionally, I think the doors have always been a bit far forward, contributing to hard closing with the new (5+ years old a this point) door seals. The strikers have 3 shims on the pass side and about 5 shims on the drivers side. I was trying to avoid re-aligning the door, but I think I may have to. I do have a 1970 Factory Service Manual with the door alignment procedure, but it isn't too in depth. Guess I will be doing more research on the subject.

In the pictures I have the striker in and the striker is aligning it. I just pulled it out so I can see what is going on better.

At this point I just want the doors to close correctly. I can deal with cowl, fenders, and hood later if necessary.
1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z
rpmerf is offline   Reply With Quote