View Single Post
Old 10-24-2018, 06:05 AM   #17
GMCPaul

Re: Body Mount, Door Alignment Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmerf View Post

Overall, I think the doors close better than they ever have. They have been really hard to close since I installed new door seals ~5 years ago. The doors were a bit far forward, so I moved them back. This makes closing on the door seal easier.
Something that may help door closure even easier is to take a look at your door latch star wheel that engages the striker plate. By that I mean grab wheel and try to move it towards the inside and then outside on the shaft it pivots on. We've seen a lot of trucks with difficulty closing doors with new seals have a 1/8" or more play at the star wheel due to 40+ years of wear which means when you try to close the door it requires you to push it 1/8"=1/4" further in to get the door to latch resulting in you having to compress the seal more than you should have to with a good door latch without any play in star wheel. So many things affect the door closure with new seals.
Glad to see you got your doors adjusted properly they can be a real pain to learn to do properly but you had a excellent guide in MARTINSR it appears.
Paul Jr @ GMCPauls
GMCPaul is offline   Reply With Quote