View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 11:32 PM   #1
b-mac

Steering Shaft Alignment Help

Alright geniuses and gentlemen of this forum, I need your advice. It appears that when welding in my motor mounts, I failed to push my engine far enough to the passenger side. Like an idiot, I did not have my steering box bolted up before I fitted the engine. Now it appears that my power steering pump pulley is going to be too close to the steering shaft (see pictures below.) So, short of cutting out my motor mounts, or switching to the car style accessories (expensive) does anyone else here have any brilliant ideas?
Is it possible to replace the power steering pulley with a smaller pulley, or will that cause more problems?
You'll notice I did some engineering on the power steering pump in the first place. This 5.3 came out of Buick Rainer, and the P/S reservoir was in the way of the a-arm. I thought this fitting would work for the low pressure side, and I would just use a remote reservoir. I don't believe the truck style pump will work because it won't mount to the same SUV accessory bracket.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Attached Images

b-mac is offline   Reply With Quote