View Single Post
Old 10-17-2020, 07:31 PM   #316
SCOTI

Re: Starting 1966 Factory Short Bed Build, Bagged, 383 Stroker and Muncie M20 4-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88Stanger View Post
Thank you sir! I appreciate the comments. Sometimes I think, this is not my forte, I have never done this type of repair but I figure just go for it. If you screw it up, fix it later. If you never try, how will you ever know if you can?! And with this site, the many great "how to's" on here, examples shown and such, i really think just about anyone with basic mechanical skills can do most of the stuff here, maybe not everything, but most. My biggest demon to fight is patients with the fixes. I just want to run and get it done... but that never ends well.
Just like now, i assumed the passenger side was ok..... ya after some scratching and cutting..... just had to order more repair panels.... damnit... LOL BUT Classic Industries has up to 30% 229.00 or more now, so patch panels and 7 rib serpentine AC Compressor.... i met the 229.00 and got up to 30% off! not much on the panels, but compressor was 179.99 now 129.99! 50.00 off.
This only means that i am on hold again for a bit for these panels to show up. That is ok, i need to clean the shop anyways.... lol
Even though we're not 'pros' doesn't mean what you/we fix in your/our home space is any worse than what many typical shops do as far as rust repairs & sheet-metal/panel replacement. If anything, you'll scrutinize the process & fit of things more because it's a personal item vs a guy @ a shop. Only better qualified shops will have a staffer that specializes in this sort of stuff. Many more just have a 'guy'.... not 'the' guy.

You're doing quality work & learning as you go so you're getting better w/each task.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote