View Single Post
Old 05-02-2020, 10:19 PM   #319
Kronald_70GMC

Re: My 1970 GMC Project

Well its been a little bit since I've posted. I have just about finished up grinding the gutter shave pieces down. Then things have gotten slow as I have been replacing our old, worn carpet in the house with some engineered hardwood that I scored for free from a friend of mine. Its used and has some light scratches but is MUCH nicer than the carpet. On top of that I've got some other house upgrades to do this summer like a new back door and a deck so work will be a little slower on the truck. I did manage to spend a good chunk of today working on the truck, just not on the cab. I ended up scoring a square body junker through a friend for $100. I kept the front crossmember and rear differential off of it. I'm going to use the newer style crossmember for the fact that it will give me rubber bushings on the control arms and disc brakes. It also came with 3 5 bolt rallies and the guy is going to get me a forth so I'm thinking of doing a 5 lug swap while I'm at it in case I want to upgrade the rims down the road. Since I have no pictures of my progress, I thought I'd throw one up of my dads 1969 CST that he put a 348 into. Enjoy. P.S Don't mind the dust and mess around it
Attached Images

1970 GMC "Project Splice"

2017 Silverado LTZ (Daily Driver)

IG: kyle_ronald
Kronald_70GMC is offline   Reply With Quote