Old 10-09-2022, 04:07 PM   #2644
Silverstate55

Re: GM Semis

Quote:
Originally Posted by C10 - C90 Bill View Post
Looks good.

Do you have any videos of the '82?
Thank you!

No, sorry, don’t have any videos of the 82 with the 4-53T yet….it’s in storage on my property until I have time to work on it. Everything leaks and most parts are worn out, it needs a total overhaul. My Grandfather had a shop in Northern California do the conversion, and they could have done a better job, but it did go coast-to-coast almost a dozen times with no issues, so there’s that. It has a Spicer 3053A 5-speed transmission from a military M35A2 Deuce-and-a-half truck, with the hole between 3rd & 4th gear. I have 2 Deuces (1975 AM-General & 1971 Kaiser-Jeep) so I have several of these transmissions that are working pull-outs for spares….

I also have a 1944 Chevy G506 1.5-ton 4x4 that is totally clapped out…it was an old southern Nevada mining truck that was literally ridden hard & put away wet. I have visions of taking the 4-53T and putting it in this truck, then taking the 82 cab and swapping it onto a semi-truck chassis with either a 6V92T or 8V92T (I have both in crates, just need rebuilds). I also have a new fiberglass tilt hood from the larger C60-80 series.

I will never be bored! LOL
Silverstate55 is offline   Reply With Quote