View Single Post
Old 08-29-2019, 02:55 PM   #29
Second Series

Re: 1947 Panel Truck Frame swap with ’88 k2500

I have been reading build threads here and found a few full size frame swaps very inspirational.
I signed a contract and put a deposit down at the shop, now I’m waiting for space to open up so I can drive the trucks there. Once the build starts, I’ll need parts. I don’t know what all I will need, but some of it is obvious.
I created a spreadsheet of available parts. I started at one on-line parts catalog, and looked through each category. I picked what I think I will need and put it on the spreadsheet. I looked at a few sites, and was able to compare prices. I placed an order today for some parts with one company that is having a holiday sale.
I realize some things won’t be needed for awhile, like window gaskets, but I got some anyway. This was a small order, I may be more cautious in the future. Some parts are common to the suppliers, other parts seem to be at one or the other. It’s random. I am also looking through discussion threads about what parts to avoid, or who sells the best parts. This helped me choose the right outer rubber window seals.
There is a sale this holiday weekend at the wrecking yard. I’ll look for seats, a steering column, spindles etc. I’m committed to this build now. At some point I’ll have boxes of parts. I don’t intend to have boxes of parts waiting for years. I plan on going full speed ahead!
1955.2 Chevy 6700 Bus/RV
1990 Chevy K1500
Second Series is offline   Reply With Quote