View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 12:43 PM   #127
toddoky

Re: Hooker Blackheart 1967-72 C10 Truck LS/LT Swap System Info Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MARIO View Post
Just a FYI the exhaust system will not work with suburbans. I should have looked closer at my truck. I know it was not specified to fit suburbans. I bought it hoping it would work out
The pick up box floor is raised 3" above the frame behind the trailing arm crossmember. The suburban floor stays flat and the mufflers hit the floor. Between the missing hanger from the exhaust kit and hours on the phone trying to get the missing hanger I am going to have a ton of hours into this system.

What solution did your team come up with for the parking brake cable ?
Hello 72Mario. Yeah, the exhaust systems were developed to specifically fit the short bed coil spring equipped pick-ups only, which is why the long-bed trucks and Suburbans are not included in the application listing for them. The parking brake cables will need to be reconfigured with aftermarket parts made for such purposes, or with parts custom made by the user. I came across a couple of different aftermarket cable systems during my support research for the exhaust systems, but I don’t remember the brand names of those components off the top of my head. A google search should net someone similar results to what I came across.
toddoky is offline   Reply With Quote