View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 10:14 PM   #86
6BT 56

Re: My 56 6bt 4X4 build.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luther Grimace View Post
Man it is looking really good! Ready to see some tires on it!
I was happy on the wknd. I went out and grabbed up the stock dodge steel wheel's and the 70's hub cas I got fit perfect. Now to decide what tires to use. Thinken tall and skinny . 235 85 . BFG. I wish the old style M/T was still available. The new Ta Km is too agressive looking. I may go with a A/T or possibly look elsewhere for a not too agressive M/T.

Have you got your fan yet? What speedo pickup does your T/c have? I have to find a mechanical for mine. Then a longer speedo cable .

Also trying to figure out what Im going to do with my clutch linkage. I am using the stock 56 pedals. I attached a pic. As you can see the pedal arm and the cross shaft are way off. Was thinking abt the stock dodge hyd stuff but there is no place that has a straight swing in the pedal area to push the master.

I took a better look at the dodge crossmember after you mentioned it. The gm frame is wider than it but after I box the front frame rails this will make it a perfect fit. Going to cut the rivets out this wknd. think I will take the dodge front shock mounts while Im at it.
Attached Images

New 2018 ram 3500 drw 4x4. Makes my 2005 Look as if it's been running on 4 cyl since new !
My Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=556908
6BT 56 is offline   Reply With Quote