View Single Post
Old 04-24-2012, 10:24 PM   #90
jaros44sr

Re: 71' Blazer Rust bucket build

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard2717 View Post
Well got a chance to spend a few hours on the blazer tonight. Original plan was to do the rocker boxes and supporting pcs. first then tackle the rear floor, then the driver windshield pillar. My line of thinking was to keep the doors closed and the top on until the rocker area was done. After getting the rocker box out I see that it aint gonna happen that way.It appears to me that I am going to have to take the top off and rear quarters and get the rear floor replaced first. The wonderful engineers at GM made it so you cant get to two of the bolt heads to remove the inner panels unless you remove the quarter panels including the B pillar. looks like I may as well go ahead and tear the whole rig down and start from scratch. It i the only way I see to get to everything and do it right
isnt that amazing, all that work couldve been saved, IF you had access to those bolts. if you cut an access door in the B post, above the rear floor, you may get to them. nice work....

wish i lived closer, but it looks like you have things under control

All parts offered to help are free, unless otherwise noted

Dont try this stuff in my build thread, unless you have 55 years of mechanical OTJ training
SAFETY FIRST

AS usual, off topic

They say your mind goes second, can't remember the first

Jim
jaros44sr is offline   Reply With Quote