View Single Post
Old 01-08-2021, 06:34 AM   #36
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Some more useless information......

Whenever I buy cars one of the first things I do is to check the MOT status, followed by the MOT history.

When the S10 (as yet unnamed) came up for sale, and ticked all the boxes, with the added bonus of being an extremely low mileage example, I was intrigued.

So on getting the registration number from the advertiser, as it was actually blanked out, I got straight online to check the history.

Below is its whole life, laid out in MOT tests, and confirming mileage.

To be honest, on inspection things like the gas and brake pedals show almost no wear, upholstery is complete, intact, clean as are floor carpeting, dash and interior.
The underside, shown before, again shows not much more than a few surface rust stains, possibly indicating a cosseted life and dry storage when not in use.

Some years there was not even a MOT test done and the mileage between tests was limited to 100’s and 2013 to 2015 it did 78 miles.

Looking at advisories, and reasons for Failing the test, most were either based around being an Import or small things like a fog lamp not working, tyres rubbing the chassis (lowering possibly to blame?)

Reading needs to be done bottom up, to get chronology right.

Had an interesting observation from a Facebook group about the door handles on my truck, Chrome vs most in black plastic.

Did a previous owner have=ve a chrome and bling thing going?

No idea, but happy to benefit from it.

So yesterday I refitted the rubber mats I got from mate Ricky for the Blazer

I like that a lot. Functional Rubber.

I also remembered to take a pic of this little switch on the side of the dash, marked fuse box.

Anyone got any idea what it could be for, before I flip it and destroy something?

Chilly outside the last week or two.

Anyway, I carried on sorting the carport storage out, three areas created to empty the storage caravan into.

1966 Chevy C10 stuff
Rezin Rockit stuff
Italjet 50cc scooter stuff.
Miscellaneous stuff.

Like steering wheels and columns

Rediscovered the rubber mat from the C10 on the caravan floor.

Going to cut and trim this to fit in the rear of the S10 to aid protection.

Eventually called it a day at some point when light started to fail.

Few more bits to unpack and identify today.

Caravan found a new home within 5 minutes of offering it to mate Darren, as another ,ate, Ross is restoring a Bedford CF Camper that needs stuff like refrigerator and Porta-Potty.

Last day of vacation today, got stuff done, just not as much as I would have liked to, due to really miserable weather.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote