View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 01:46 PM   #18
mr48chev

Re: Firewall or Under Floor Mounted Master Cylinder?

2 wheel drive S-10 front suspension and brake parts directly interchange with G body parts with few exceptons.

Vacuum powerd booster / Hydro boost decision might well depend on what cam you are running and or if you are running power brakes with a pump rather than electric power brakes or no power brakes. having had two one tons with hydro boost I really like the feel of it but am still a bit up in the air on front suspension and steering. It's a case of if I go with the Jag XJ I will run Hydro boost along with the Jag power steering and Saginaw pump. If I go MII or Industrial Chassis (Dakota) I'll most likely go with electric power brakes and vacuum booster.

To me the main reason for doing an S-10 swap is on stop shopping, you drag home a worn out standard long bed work truck that you got dirt cheap and as they say about butchering a hog, You use everything except the squeal and sell off the left overs to pay for more parts for the project. That usually means hauling the hulk to the scrap yard as at least in this area there little or no market for used S10 body parts or the guys looking for them don't buy off FB market place or Craigslist as the parts usually are for sale for months. Even if you pull out the 2 wheel drive rear axle and put in a 4x4 rear axle you sell the two wheel drive to a local hotrodder looking for that exact width of rear for his older hot rod.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.

Last edited by mr48chev; 04-03-2023 at 02:32 AM.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote