View Single Post
Old 11-17-2023, 08:04 PM   #23
willem445

Re: 1980 Chevy K20 Farm Truck

1980 Farm Truck is back!

It's been 7 years since the last update. I've got another thread for a '77 K20 full restoration project I'm working on but I'm putting that project on hold until next spring when it's warm enough to paint.

Plans for this truck as of now:

- Get brakes maintained
- Fix some wiring (I didn't put a grommet in a firewall hole I ran some wires though [tach, light bar, etc.] and these wires must have caught on my clutch pedal and torn right through)
- Upgrades for towing. I'd like this truck to be my towing rig.

Once those two are done, it's in driving condition at least. I've yet to decide if I want to swap in a 454 from a '78 C20 I recently purchased. Also considering doing a dually swap by either buying dually hubs for my 14 bolt or swapping in an existing Dana 70 dually axle. We shall see.

Anyways, here are some pics. Working on brakes now.

I rebuilt the rear drums years ago. The driver side must have self adjusted to be way to tight, leading to the drum and hub getting very hot after driving. Tore it apart and I don't see anything obvious wrong with my brake rebuilt. Just adjusted it back.

Was in the process of bleeding everything when I broke the bleeder off of the front caliper (super rusted). So new calipers in the front. And when replacing the calipers, I noticed the brake hose was getting quite crusty. So new brake hoses as well.

And in the process of replacing the brake hoses, I noticed that 2 of my wheel studs were stripping out... So tomorrow is a trip to town to get wheel studs. In the meantime, got the hub ripped apart and old studs out..

willem445 is offline   Reply With Quote