View Single Post
Old 08-16-2019, 06:04 PM   #22
big_dan

Talking Re: 53 3100 - complete rebuild and upgrade . . . .

I guess I should take a minute and explain the plan here since I forgot in my first post.

Starting at the bottom - no air bags, full suspension travel with about 5 inches at the running boards. Scott's suspension all around, with coilovers and power wilwood discs at all 4 corners. Pondering on the possibility of using a hydra boost setup, just not sure yet. I pulled a tape for a few days before ordering the suspension; front and rear track width is 58". Front wheels will be 18x8 with 245/40's and rear 20x10 with 275/40's, I'll dial in exact back space once I set the body on. Plan is currently for Detroit smoothies, but I'm not 100% committed to that yet.

Body should be fairly simple, but we want to get the factory trim back on it and a few other body mods. I'd really like to take the time and hammer out new running boards to eliminate the gap at the front of the board, and I'd like to swap in either a 57 Bel Air or 59 Impala dash; depends on time I guess. Heat, defrost, delete vent windows, functioning cowl vent again, power wipers, maybe some Studebaker trim rings, and I have a few plans for the bumpers I won't discuss yet. It'll either stay red or I'll shoot it the gunmetal grey of the falcon in the background.

I've got a fresh 5.3/4l60 waiting, but I'd like to go with a warmed over 6.0 if one pops up.

And a trailer hitch. .

That about sums it up - more later -

Dan
big_dan is offline   Reply With Quote