View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 08:57 PM   #19
jimmythompson1964

Re: 1966 C 10 - "Wild Thang"

HOT ROD POWER TOUR weekend is here its time to get packed up and on the road...oh wait I'm not quite finished with the truck I got home about 7:30 PM Thursday night and called my neighbor to help me set the hood back on I did a quick adjustment and started working on some gremlins in my blinkers and brake lights, well I able to get 2 tail lights 1 brake light and a left blinker...that will have to do for now. The rest of the night was spend packing clothes tools ( including my entire wiring kit ) and spare parts. I had to take sleeping pills to get me wound down and to sleep that night. I woke up early to load the truck and do my final check list. It was still near 11:00 am before I hit the road. It would be over 300 miles to Bowling Green KY... so lets roll...As I started down the interstate my mind was going a mile a minute going over all the work I had done over the last 3 weeks with little time for a road test and hoping I didn't forget something that would bite me down the road somewhere...did I tighten all of the bolts...what am I forgetting...and so it went for the first hour or so. I eventually settled down and started to enjoy the trip and made it to Power Tour registration that afternoon and then the hotel with no issues.
Attached Images

jimmythompson1964 is offline   Reply With Quote