View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 09:35 PM   #58
N2BOOST

Re: PROJECT: 1950 Chevy 3/4T 4x4... new member

Have hit ths thing as hard as I can for a couple hours per night and like always I've found more work I wasn't planning on doing but it's moving fairly smoothly.

I am going to do vinyl kick panels so I seam sealed them after welding in. They don't need to be perfect but I didn't just slap them in either.

Chassis saver coating on seat frame

Passenger side a-pillar was damaged (pushed in) about 1/2" so I had to re-box it in.

After removing 3 lbs of lead this is what I found ( At this point I had to take the night off and figure out how to repair it since I am new and have never done this kind of work before)

Finally clicked in my brain today and gained the confidence to give it a try and I am very happy with the outcome

Notice the straight angle from the top to the cowl! I am very pleased to have straightened this all back out!

For you guys that are afraid to jump in and try cutting/replacing metal DONT BE!! I use a small Lincoln SP100 with 75% argon/ 25% co2 and found this to be a ton of fun! These old trucks have thick metal and as long as you tack weld the pieces and don't get the metal too hot you'll be surprised what you can do.

-1950 Chevy 3/4 4x4, 454... under construction
-1992 Plymouth Laser 850hp front wheel drive
-1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse AWD, 750hp 9.62@144mph, 3300 lbs on 18" street tires

Last edited by N2BOOST; 01-16-2011 at 09:39 PM.
N2BOOST is offline   Reply With Quote