View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 02:02 PM   #37
siggyfreud

Re: Project "Ghost" - 1972 C10 Pro-touring

Yup, the 315's fit rather well, aside from rubbing the lower shock mount on the LCA at full turn. That will go away when I switch to new control arms and suspension in the front. I will say the truck feels way more planted so far driving on these tires. With the brakes and steadiness on the road it's way more of a pleasure. Once the new suspension gets in it'll be even better.

The wheels I bought through Matt's Classic bowties, and they shipped right from Forgeline to my door. The tires I got through a company called GoMobileTires. They're in like 4-5 different locations across the US. The owner is up here. He came out a few months back and brought 3 different tire sizes to try out with a wheel fitment tool I borrowed, and then came back when it was time to mount them.

The nice thing is that their tools don't really touch the wheel at all. So unlike a lot of tire shops that use those pry bars and whatnot, your wheels don't get touched and won't get scratched up with their process. They mount them, air them up, and balance them right there in the van. Takes about an hour, their tire prices are on par with discount tire and amazon, and they charge $150 for the service and to take away old tires, if you have any. For me it was totally worth it as opposed to going to a shop.

I highly recommend them.
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote