View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 05:28 PM   #42
siggyfreud

Re: Project "Ghost" - 1972 C10 Pro-touring

Been awhile since I updated this thread. I've been busy with my job, and slowly starting me future job/company.

On the truck I started replacing the front suspension. Out with the drop springs, in with some Ridetech Coilovers!

When trying to get the spindles back in I discovered Ridetech sent me balljoints for a 63-70 C10, and not a 71-72. They're sending me the right balljoints now, but will have change them out.

I also bought a Redhead box, and new steering shafts/couplers. A previous owner put in an Ididit column, but installed the steering shaft specifically how Ididit says NOT to, so that's neat. Going with a collapsible shaft to increase safety as well.

On another note, I started playing more with my 3d printer. I made some hose separators for the El Camino, which I finished for a buddy. Have a video coming soon about it.

Got some Dapper headlights in, which the owner loves. Not everyone's flavor, but I love them too and they increase nighttime visibilty greatly, while being DOT approved/safe.

Hose separator I designed and printed

And finally I have been working on a bracket setup for my Fuellab fuel filter. Originally I wanted something to bolt to the carb, but couldn't get the design how I wanted. So I switched gears and designed it to be integrated into a carb spacer. Here is the original drawing, then what I ended with after iterating a bit. The piece is printed in cheap PLA, about $10 worth of material. It took about 21 hours to print.

The final piece will be refined again, then cut from aluminum and anodized.

That's all for now!

Last edited by siggyfreud; 06-18-2020 at 05:34 PM.
siggyfreud is offline   Reply With Quote