View Single Post
Old 11-29-2010, 09:46 PM   #9
72ArizonaBurb

Re: Suggestions for replacing Suburban Headliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorit View Post
Welcome to the board!

Here is what I did for my burb headliner.

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=410459

Not totally in love with it, but it's better than nothing. Still open to better ideas on material to use, but what I used worked pretty good.

Oh, and put up some pics of your burb! Us burb folks are even more nosey than the PU crowd, since there are not that many burbs on the road along with us burb lovers out there.
I have a long history with 71 and 72 model trucks and suburbans. About 15 years ago I did a complete frame off restoration of my Great Uncle's 72 Chevy Cheyenne. Then I bought 72 Suburban Ambulance and cut the roof off it and returned it to Suburban. Bought another 72 Ambulance and just drove it for while, then bought a 72 Short Bed and painted it. Realized one day that I had a ton of money tied up trucks that were so nice I was afraid to drive them. Sold them all got married, had kids and have not done a project in 13 years. I came across this rust free 72 Suburban with front and rear air, tilt and had to have it. Now I am back in full force, I took the front cap off, pulled all the air ride suspension, pulled the motor, gutted the interior, pulled all windows and regulators and am waiting on the parts to come in to put the suspension back to stock. I have some pictures of my old projects but not many. Digital camera's were just taking off so I didn't get many digital pictures. I will see if I can figure out how to post them. Thanks for asking. It's good to be back!
72ArizonaBurb is offline   Reply With Quote