View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 01:29 PM   #5
bollybib

Re: Jim's 1969 Custom/20

To the afore-posted C20s aficionados:

greenbd71 (Brandon): That's pretty cool about getting your truck featured in a mag. Interesting history on it, too. I see you are the instigator of the "Post pics of your Longbed Trucks!! No short stuffs allowed!!" thread. I had to look deep to find it but I brought it ttt on 3/26/11. Longbeds is a nice general category that brought in a lot of pics, good job.

dmack91: You're my kinda guy, $650 seems real fair to me. You lucked out with a 68, too. If you feel ambitious, maybe you could put up some more pics in your "New Project" thread, they'd be interesting to see. When I decided I wanted a 67-72, my first choice was a 67 or 68 327 automatic. But, you have to pick from what's available and I ended up with what you see here, no regrets. You're driving around in yours, too. I'm not quite there yet, although I suppose I could get by. I do drive it up and down my nice, flat, 600 ft. long cul-de-sac now and again to check out things as I fix them. You're right about the rear brakes being neglected. Keep tuned and I'll show you the mess I found.

My Daily Driver is a 1969 Chevrolet Custom/20 Fleetside 350/TH400/Eaton H052 4.10
and its Project thread is here http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=456911
bollybib is offline   Reply With Quote