View Single Post
Old 06-14-2012, 11:03 PM   #6
UncleMatt

Re: 71 C30 dually restoration

Ok, here are some pics of my ride. Sorry for the bad quality iPhone pics. I'll take some good ones later with a real camera I promise.

The left rear wheel was totally locked up from sitting for 5 years. I got it home on the roll back and went to work right away. I had a buyer for the Holmes 440 wrecker bed but had to be able to drive it to him. So I was pretty motivated to get her street worthy. I rebuilt the rear brakes. Getting that drum unstuck was a real chore! I then woke the 327... Some wiring and fresh fluids, plugs etc and she fired right up and purrs like a kitten

So I'm driving to the guy who was buying the bed from me. Things are going well, trucks running good and I'm blowing all kinds of junk out of every rust hole there is. Every time I hit a bump I get a nice coating of rust from the ceiling. About an hr away from home dude calls and says he changed his mind and doesn't want to buy the bed anymore. I was less than happy in the moment but oh well, what can you do.

I eventually found another buyer and this guy took the bed off for me, had a trans cover plate for the PTO and paid full price. So it worked out better in the end anyway.
Attached Images

UncleMatt is offline   Reply With Quote