View Single Post
Old 02-15-2023, 11:05 PM   #86
hewittca

Re: Sullii the 72 GMC 1500

I took a big step forward to getting this truck back together. I was able to get the motor mounted for what should be the final time. Since this was the second time installing the motor, there were no surprises. With the front fender on it is clear that I will have to do some clearancing for suspension travel. I won't be running inner fenders at first but eventually plan to add some that allow for a big drop. I also cut the hole for the harness to pass through the firewall. I ended up going with a 2" hole and PN 63595K35 from McMaster-Carr for the grommet. I haven't pulled the harness through yet but it looks like it should work.

With the weight of the motor the truck is close to its final stance. It should drop about 1/2" more in the front when it's fully back together. In its current state the frame is completely level. I was hoping for about a 1" rake when done, so I may need to take 1/2" off the rear blocks. I will wait on that until the truck is complete and I have a chance to put some miles on the springs since they are all still new. It's definitely motivating to get an idea of how the truck will sit!

-
C10 Concept/Development Photos: Master Thread
hewittca is offline   Reply With Quote