View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 10:01 AM   #18
Paul Y

Re: The English are coming! Or..another C10 in the Motherland.

MOT booked for Saturday 10AM, so a few hours Friday night to get the washer motor fitted and tidy up before ticket time…

The good lady had collected the washer pump for me earlier so that upon removal of my suit and tie, I am not as classy as Grizz when it comes to garage attire, I was able to jump straight in.

Connected pump up to the loom and connected the pipes, water in a temp bottle and…

Success!!!!

The motor runs!! But, hold on.. No Aqua…. Mmm… Sucked the water through and reconnected….till nothing….

OK, pump out, took the lower plate off and connected to the battery.

What a load of rubbish (stronger word omitted for those of a delicate disposition). The pump was running but the gear was not, too late to get another pump now, nothing too it but to get up early, rush to the other motor factors in town and get another pump.

Quickly checked over the rest of the truck, filled it with fuel, turned it around and returned to the bosom of my family for an evening of laughter and mindless tv. Plus it was bloody cold and I had the hump.

Woody at new ride height, minus 500lb from his Bootay… Think I might get a nose bleed at that altitude…

You know there is more to come….

P.
Paul Y is offline   Reply With Quote