View Single Post
Old 03-06-2024, 04:04 AM   #1509
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s English 2001 S10 Extra Cab 4.3 V6 Truck

Been busy.

No job, market and placement agencies are also very quiet. Spoke to IQVIA my last employer of over 8 years this week as they had an oncology role with primary focus on lung cancer they wanted to put me forward for at Pfizer whom I had worked for nearly three years and won their top corporate award at, but the hiring manager is looking for lung experience and more specifically established contacts. So I bowed out.

I have declined quite a few potential opportunities for various reasons and unless you are actually walking in my safety flip flops I urge you not to judge my choices. There are jobs, companies and therapeutic areas that I prefer to avoid.
And I honestly can’t be bothered wasting my or a potential employer’s time and will also not allow a potential employer to waste my time when I don’t have the right experience or in some cases know they are looking for a rainbow coloured unicorn that pisses Bud Lite from its earhole.

I am always touched by those who have a genuine interest in my wellbeing and surprised of course by those who just have a morbid fascination with car crash TV.

I have been busy.

Every day.

Touching stuff.

Moving things.

Progressing.

No photos being posted as my internet connection has been dead again, thanks to Openreach who could not reach their own butt to scratch it, even if you gave them a spoon.
How these corporations survive despite atrocious service I don’t understand.

So……. What is progress??

My very good friend @CraigRK suggests that just touching stuff every day is progress. Sometimes physical activity and other times psychological.

So all the tools used for the Rezin Rockit build been cleaned, cleared, sorted and packed away.

And just look what I found.

Terrible sound quality.

https://youtu.be/x62zfyfLFGI?si=Ak5UQ64LOC41zoeH

I also pulled my 2006 R1200GS with 24500 miles and dry stored the last 5 years out, washed it and realised it needs to be sold on.

My welding table was cleared, cleaned and tools packed away.
Followed by more shelves, workbenches.
Then the floor where a pile of MX5 parts from the Rez Rockit build were still lying.
Next up a load of corporate junk from my last job.
I am not yet done inside the garage but the carport got a significant clear up as well.

During all this cleaning process I tried to give away stuff and realised nobody was taking, so I started listing on FB Marketplace at low prices and stuff started to disappear.
I made about £500 in the first 24 hours
Crazy yes. From “junk” that just needed to be gone.

FREE CASH in my mind. Stuff I neither wanted, needed or if bought previously, still making small profits.

Last night I counted the money and was shocked to find £875 in the safe. If tonights visit works, and a guy buys one item, add £135 and if he buys two, add another £50 to that.

Money already allocated to a next shall we say “thing”

Neither of the cars I have for sale have sold, possibly the fact that both are summertime cars does not help or maybe the prices are wrong but hopefully I will regain that space some time in order for me to fill it with something else.

So today I will carry on creating some more space and maybe list more junk that takes up valuable space in the garage and carport.

Weather seems to have improved.
Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote