Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #58
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

Quick update pic's later..

I got my plates back on for a mock up and they are fine. I don't like the slap up paint job that's on the brackets so i'm sanding them down and repainting.

While the caliper was on i decided to have a look at the flex brake hose that i ordered along with the kit, The hose kit came with Banjo bolts 7/16-20tpi, its not the same thread as the calipers so i went to the auto parts store thinking it must be metric, its not a 10MM or a 12MM its in between and a fine thread so if it is Metric it has to be close to 1.25 pitch 11MM but not sure, the parts guy didn't have a listing for an 11MM banjo bolt ether. In an attempt to ID the thread we dug around and found a brake line that has a 7/16-24tpi and it looks like it should be the correct but it would only thread by hand about 1 turn, I asked if he would mind if i bought it just to take it home and put my pitch gauge on it then return it later. I have homework to do tonight..

Any suggestions on common Banjo bolt sizes?

Then i discovered the flex hoses in the kit have a smaller diameter female inverted thread than the stock steel brake lines, so i had to buy adapters for that too.

:p If i had to do it allover again i think i'd rather piece my own kit together..

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote