View Single Post
Old 05-08-2021, 04:21 AM   #5016
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Ordered some new plates for the truck, new number.

Wanted “Show plates”

Soooo P!$$€d

My request.

Note to seller
Hi there As previously discussed by email. Can I order these “Show Plates” with the following number on it and in the following format.
1. Using a legal Motorcycle font
2. Pushing the digits together to form one unit or “word”.
3 Placed on the top line or centre of the plate if possible
4. Black border around if that is part of your price.
Plate to read GRZ733
Please contact me if any issue with making this plate.
Thank you very much Rian.

I suspect the reply will be that they only do legal and that I should have read their conditions.

To all the twitchers, jobsworths, officers and the rest..... Thank you.

Later another knock on the front door and my favourite courier handed me a shoe box sized parcel, not expecting anything.

Custims declaration, and then reading the detail.... origin Ireland.

Sender @quackrack1 or Alan as we know him, had sent a parcel to me, most of the contents aimed and for @craigrk who is a serious Coca Cola collector.

I do love this community.

And for me.........

Rezin Rockit lookalike and a bottle of home made jam. PERFECT.

After the wrong license plate issue, I decided to order a set of American style “Show Plates” from a UK based company, rather than going the usual States Plates route in France. Brexit may see their prices rise even more.

The special offer on a pair of plates saw me paying £30.00 for the plates.

I ordered from their Facebook page, known as Europl8 but website as per pic below is www.pressedplate.com

Amazing real time communication, establishing my needs and offering the make changes if needed.

Owners car outside his new industrial unit.

Once that was done, a quick coffee and then down to the garage, I have felt the withdrawal recently.

So I carried items one at a time, piled upright and ready to use.

Mate Kevin had dropped a bunch wood recently, to use as firewood or in some build.

Sally asked me to build a small, raised sandpit for her 2.5 year old grandson, Harry to play in with his diggers and motorbikes (he is motorbike mad, and I keep looking for a cheap 50cc quad or offroad type bike for him as he will outgrow it so fast)

Sally came just as I was about to assemble the basic frame, so I gave her the power drill to screw the screws in, as my back was getting to grumble, and the screws were all halfway in.

She squealed and then just got on with it, with me just guiding her and and adding some weight to the powered drill screwdriver

Floor will go in today when the rain stops, and I will make a removable lid, I contemplated a hinged cover, but removable lid makes more sense.

Slow day, slow weekend, bootfair tomorrow.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote