View Single Post
Old 05-16-2021, 06:32 PM   #6
jocko

Re: Hmm. Strange symptoms.. (2001 2500HD - ding ding ding)

Thx Boog, Thx Bill. I got a fully charged battery back in it and did a parasitic drain check and am seeing 1.8A, so I do have something causing the problem, I think 50mA is about the most I should be seeing. My radio isn't staying on after shutting down or anything like that, all lights off, etc. I did pull the GPS charger and that didn't change the amperage at all, but wasn't really expecting that to be the cause, have the same GPS in my other 2001 and the charger is always plugged in (not to the gps, but to the dc plug). Won't have time this week with with, but next weekend will plan to pull fuses until I can figure out at least what circuit the problem is on. Batt disconnected for now to avoid draining it. The only non-stock mods to the truck are the addition of the camper shell and a bluetooth b/u cam. No lights on in the camper and the b/u cam is only powered when the right rear b/u lamp is on (in reverse only).

Thanks again for the input gents, will take a look at the ol door latch too - but with a charged batt, I'm not seeing any of the indicators you all have mentioned just yet.
jocko is offline   Reply With Quote