View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 01:02 PM   #5052
Grizz1963

Re: Grizz's Redneck Express 1966 Chevy Short Fleetside RESTO-GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LT7A View Post
Your boot fairs are neat. We don't really have the equivalent. Similar to what we call a flea market, but less structured. I like the little front garden area of your house. Good work with all the hedge trimming. That's a really neat old GMC. Looks to me like more than $800 worth of rig. Might be a giant old V6 torque monster motor in there.
Bootfairs are not everyones thing, but I love saving money. And they allow that.

I personally love the fact that there is very little space to the front, enough for three European size cars, mine is a Ford Focus Estate (not available in USA ) but VW Golf etc.
Then a narrow side entrance and all the space, private, and to the rear.

Dennis could have more a lot more from that GMC but he is a fair guy.

You would park a GMC Dually on the right side of my car, with its rear, just off the street.

A weird thing in this country, I own the sidewalk up to the kerb as well, as I have maintained it over 7 years, and the local council/municipality do zero around here.

A lot of neighbours, including Mickey next door, concrete, or block pave their sidewalk to increase hard standing parking.

I prefer green and grass.

Sally caught me extending my extension cord on Sunday.

I did try to explain that all the joins were stripped, twisted, soldered, heat shrunk, insulation taped, then folded back gently in an S and then ducktape over it all.

It was as safe and secure as I need it to be.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote