View Single Post
Old 03-20-2024, 03:37 PM   #474
KyleSeal

Re: My 1967 Build (Finally)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
Nice work all around! That's a big milestone to get the engine going and also to get your floor saturated with fluids. I spilled power steering fluid on the floor during my build, and it is STILL seeping out of the concrete. I wipe it up, two days later there's a little puddle on the floor again. I've been doing this for a year now...

Also, nice work on those door skins. Every post I've seen about reskinning the doors reminds me that I never want to do this. Those patch panels never seem to fit right. Or maybe there's just too much variation in the doors from GM? Who knows.
Your floor produces power steering fluid? Time to capitalize on that! You struck a natural power steering ground reserve!
These doors are always such a mystery. I always remind myself that these were not perfect from the factory, but when I see some of the old photos from people having these new, wow some of them were miles off in some cases. I think that paired with the stampings wearing out, and the parts being stack waiting to be bought just messes with them as well, makes them wonky. Also these doors, with all the contours and crowns, have a ton of natural stress. Just cutting the bottom of the door off allowed the cab side of the door to bow inward, which I had to compensate for. And a lot of them will slowly bow outwards during their life due to rust breaking a lot of the stress points.

I hate doing doors. LOL

My Build Thread (1967 C10, lowered, EFI, daily truck): http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=830809
KyleSeal is offline   Reply With Quote