View Single Post
Old 08-18-2020, 05:03 PM   #10
C10_ForDad

Re: My 1970 C10 Tribute to my father

Sorry for such a gap in catching up! Life has been to busy to do a write up. So My th400 was unknowningly a BOP bellhousing until I researched it. I decided to keep it and do a JW ultrabell to LS. Its such an amazing quality product, the fit and finish on it is great, but cutting off the OEM bellhousing was puckering! I took my time over the course of a few nights and got it ground down to fit on the trans. The next day a friend came over and we got up under it and stuffed it in! After that I dropped it down and filled the engine with oil, coolant, and filled the trans thinking I could see the end in sight for starting it up.

Sadly that day hasnt come. I actually have to pull the trans back out and grind down the housing more. I must have a spot where it doesnt pull tight against the trans pump and whenever I fill it up it leaks out past the O rings in the ultra bell :facepalm: I just lost a little steam and motivation. I also will get pictures of my new toys to make my life easier pulling it back out! I picked up a trans jack and a set of 10 inch tall race ramp craddles to give me a ton of working room!
Attached Images

C10_ForDad is offline   Reply With Quote