View Single Post
Old 02-20-2022, 12:46 PM   #15
sscooter

Re: 1969 Chevrolet C20 60K Original Miles/Original Paint

Finally above freezing AND sunny out! Time for some better pics.

Truck has been in heated storage for well over 3 months. She started up instantly, and while getting it up to temp, took a slew of photos.

The white paint on the roof on the cab is just about perfect. The original owner ordered this truck to haul a slide-in camper, so roof was always covered and out of the weather. Truck was stored indoors when not being used, and the low miles was due to the fact that this was only used as a summer "camping" vehicle. It had a beautiful Alaskan camper on it, which I tried to buy, but he wouldn't let it go!!!!

Truck was ordered without a rear view mirror, has helper springs (for camper weight), and dealer-installed hold down hooks on bedside.

I mentioned above that the truck is 99% rust free... If you were able to figure out the true "rust-to-solid metal" ratio, it would probably be closer to 99.5% rust free I've owned 5 year old vehicles with more rust.....

The two areas of visible "through" rust are small hole on top/center of firewall (from leaves/debris sitting in tray and holding moisture), and the typical spot on inner fender below battery. I've taken photos of these two areas.

The rocker and sill paint is still original. When I pulled the original vinyl flooring, there was a small amount of the typical rust at the kickpanel-to-floor area. It was not yet "through" rust, so areas were cleaned, treated, and small stainless patches were 3M panel-bonded over the areas for rigidity. From the bottom of the truck, it looks factory original. Floor was then painted/soundproofed/carpeted. I used the remainder of the turquoise paint to "roll" (foam pad) the bed of the truck just to clean it up a bit from scuffs/scratches. Tailgate still has original paint on backside, so you can see what the rest of the bed looked like before rolling it.

There is no other cancerous rust on truck. I've owned at least 20 of these trucks over the years (still have 4 of them), and this is one of the most solid, unrestored pickups I've ever seen.

On to the pics!

Last edited by sscooter; 02-20-2022 at 01:05 PM.
sscooter is offline   Reply With Quote