View Single Post
Old 11-10-2015, 02:33 PM   #12
TooTall

Re: **Need advice; Looking to buy this LS engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1972K20 View Post
I'm not familiar with some of the LS "lingo." Here's the guy's ad. I'm going to see it, but are these mods ok? Anything here to be concerned with?

5.3 LM7, recently freshened and prepped for Boost application
I slapped some shiny paint on the block, and I painted right over the dirt and grease
-Can hear run on engine stand!!
I want to prove to you that it starts and doesn't knock . . . but it looses oil pressure after 100* degrees
-professionally reworked stock harness with fuse/relay block and 2 wire easy hookup
I love using butt connectors
- unlocked and base tuned ECU included
I tuned out the VATs . . . vehicle anti theft.
-97-98 LS1 cam (probably 30hp upgrade over stock truck cam) (boost friendly)can include stock cam if you want it.
I took an old cam from a busted motor, I really have no idea what the cam is out of
-new pac 1218 valve springs
these are ok single beehive replacement springs
-new pro-comp head studs (needed for boost applications)
if they are ARP head studds, they're expensive, the stock TTY bolts are plenty. The china knock offs are really cheap
-new valve seals, spark plugs, MLS Head gaskets
MLS Multi Layer Head Gaskets
-heads cleaned and valves lapped
Cleaned the funk off the heads, makes them shiny, machined valves to be like new,. . . makes a better seal
-includes truck intake and Fbody Oil pan/pickup/windage tray.
Truck intake for better torque, Fbody pan more than likely came from a camaro, has more ground clearance.
- brand new starter, all other accessories included. Has dirty dingo idle relocator to run car intake with truck accessories. Stock truck manifolds cleaned and painted with high temp paint.
I painted the accessories to look pretty, the bracket was to be used for other low profile intakes. Painted manifolds just to look pretty.
- drive by cable throttle body
Cable throttle body, to be used on older cable style gas pedals
- oil pressure gauge can be included

Thanks guys!
I was a huge smart ass when I responded to a few things. This build looks like as if it was intended to be a low buck turbo build.
There's nothing mentioned about the timing chain, oil pump, pickup tube oring, and lifters.
Head studds are a band aid. The block needs to be machined for the extra torque that is placed on the cylinder walls. The extra torque will distort the cylinder wall, and it will not be completely straight or "true"
The PAC springs are a great replacement, but they can't take the abuse from larger lift and aggressive cams. Nothing to worry about with the small LS1 stock cam
The LS1 cam, . . . it is smaller spec wise to the truck cam. No benefit to having this over the original truck cam, if anything it's a step backwards. Will it hurt anything, . . . no.

The relocator bracket is so that you can run a lower profile intake with out it hitting the belt. No benefit on this setup as it sits.

The standalone harness might be nice. Just look for soldered connections, 40+ amp relays, (should be 2 at the least). Nothing heavy duty needed except for the fuel pump.

again, this sounds like a spare parts shop build.
2011 Yukon XL | Bone stock
2013 Audi Q5
TooTall is offline   Reply With Quote