View Single Post
Old 07-18-2021, 08:41 PM   #1
jrusher

Have to patch 66 cab upper rear overhang

Hey guys . I’m getting close to finishing up the metal work on my 66 cab. I Just finished up patching above the windshield and replaced the front outer eyebrow and when I removed the roof to do the other repairs I could see a lot of pitting/rust on the inside of the rear upper overhang spoiler panel.
I also had some holes and rust on the inside panel above back window pinch weld so I cut that area out and will be using a donor small back window cab for patches . I was almost gonna leave that back window inner pinch weld rust as I was able to just weld up the holes fairly easy but it still bothered me seeing all the pitting from the roof top side so I cut it all out and then I could see some rot on that rear overhang panel . When I started poking at the pitted areas I could poke through in some spots in a 10-12” wide area .
So before I cut out this area I’ll probably cut out a 2-3 foot section just to get rid of all the rusted pitted area does anybody foresee any issues with doing the patch this way ? I have a small back window cab section that I will use for what I need . My cab is a big back window but it looks like it will fit up nice too the big back window pinch weld area. Ill just make two vertical cut as shown in my pics attached
In the last pic just below the interior cab ight you can see where i poked through in a couple spots
Attached Images

Last edited by jrusher; 07-19-2021 at 01:13 AM.
jrusher is offline   Reply With Quote