View Single Post
Old 04-23-2020, 11:31 AM   #8
Twisted78SS
Wide n'Low

Re: 68 c10 suburban 5.3/4l60

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourspeedwagon View Post
I had a fairly long post written to introduce this project and - Flash! It disappeared. So, I’ll come back around to the longer version later..
The short is that I bought a running/driving 04 Sierra that got hit in the rear and want to use as much as I can from it to complete a swap into my suburban.

Wondering about fuel tank.
Hopefully next weekend I’ll be able to pull the bed off the Sierra and take a look at it’s tank. My 1st choice is probably to use the original tank, 2nd would be if I can fit the Sierra tank in somehow and last would be to get a new tank completely.

I’ve read how easy it is to use an external electric pump and regulator and also seen the complaints of being noisy. I know an in tank pump will last longer- but I don’t want to get hung up and sidetracked worrying about the external pump if it’s good for 50k miles or better, I’d be more than pleased.

Welcome,
My 68 burb Goldmember is currently waiting on me to get her finished, but when it came to fueling I went through a similar experience. After I changed the plan and decided to go 5.3/4L80, picked up a basic Boyd Welding tank, and then got a tanks inc. drop in pump hanger assy to hold my pump . Happy to grab some pics.. (guess I should add them to my build thread..)
Twisted78SS is offline   Reply With Quote