View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 08:01 PM   #11
BIGglaSS

Re: Lets get this LS 5.3 running!

Cool, cool, cool. Super helpful.

ls1nova71, gave me a good idea to fabricate a bracket to hold the sensor in. easy.

TAC - pedal harness, I will get from junkyard.

Shift selector, use what I got, and seal with silicone. If it doesn't work find one at the junkyard.

Oil pressure switch, if I figure out where to put the red/black wire, I'll use it. Otherwise delete.

Oil level sensor, delete.

Rear o2's, leave them out.

Quote:
You could also use it as a neutral safety switch and back up light switch if you feel so inclined. Note however, if you buy an aftermarket harness, it most likely won't have the wires for it.
Do you mean the new harness would not have neutral safety switch & back up light? Or do you mean that a new harness does not plug into the shift selector module? Which brings up a good point. I never thought of back up light or NSS. Just assumed the PCM would have control of NSS.

So, new harness vs what I got. I think will come down to whether or not I can re-attach the shift selector plugs back into the harness.

Does anyone know of any cool small fuse/relay boxes that are easily found at a junkyard? Enough to run the LS harness, fans, and fuel pump?

I also have to decide where to mount the TAC and PCM. There's plenty of room on the inner fender, or try to hide under the dash. I don't think it will reach to under the seat.