View Single Post
Old 02-13-2021, 12:24 AM   #230
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Build that 71 402 already

I'd put this on the comic's board but there isn't one. See if I didn't do some things the hard way sometimes I wouldn't do them, and here's a great example, plus you have to appreciate the tape job.

The door is great, had some rust inside, so I brushed on POR15. Along the hinge required a tiny 14" long foam brush & flashlight of course, but that's okay, I got this and it aint gonna be perfect Pretty nice inside, but honest to heck a small band of steel missed with metal prep, painted anyway & came right off with the tape (ha!). Tells you something about POR15, dollars to donuts Masterseries wouldn't have, I've used that on parts without treatment & still the mother of all coats I've seen, should have used it but I guess I wanted black.

Downside of the hard way is it isn't as clean. Upside only I will know the difference, it will outlive me by miles anyway and I get to keep the rivets

Anyway, the rest should be painted tomorrow or so with the defrost & heater box, Giving this to him prepped of course, I spent 80 hours on it Somehow I'd like to etch the metal, but not sure how to do that without a rinse. Think I'll just use a wax/grease remover, call it good.
Attached Images

71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025

Last edited by 71CHEVYSHORTBED402; 02-13-2021 at 12:59 AM.
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote